Oct 08 , 2023
QUICK HEMP RECIPES FOR PETS: A HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE FOR YOUR FURRY FRIENDS
Are you one of those pet owners constantly on the lookout for nutritious and delicious meals for your furry friends? If so, you've landed on the right page. Today, we will be sharing quick and easy hemp recipes for pets that your dogs will surely love. Not only are these recipes simple to follow, but they also make use of the incredible health benefits of hemp. So, let's dive right in!
The Magic of Hemp for Pets
Before we jump into the recipe, let's take a moment to understand why hemp is so beneficial for pets. Hemp, especially our very own Buddy Good Hemp Protein from Wag Tail Natural, is a fully Australian-made product that offers a high dietary fiber content. This helps support the health of your pet's gut, resulting in calmer pets with great skin and hair, and optimised overall health and well-being. In addition to that, our hemp blend can help with allergies, colic, calming, anxiety, and ulcers, among other ailments. It's truly a superfood for your pets!
A Quick and Easy Hemp Recipe for Your Pets
Now, onto the recipe. For this, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups
- Hemp Flour
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup of Buddy Good Hemp Protein
- 2 tbsps
- Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
This recipe makes 50 x 8cm long treats, enough to keep your pets happy for a while!
Next, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C for fan forced). Cover two flat oven trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flours and hemp protein).
- In a separate bowl, mix the hemp oil, water, and peanut butter. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix everything together with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a ball. For easier rolling, divide the dough into two.
- Roll out the first half of the dough on a lightly floured bench until it's about 3mm thick. Press out shapes and place them on the prepared trays.
- Roll out the remaining dough until all is used.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly brown.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Finally, store your homemade pet treats in an airtight container.
Hemp and Pet Health: A Perfect Pair
Did you know that when your pet takes antibiotics, it upsets their gut bacteria? This can take up to 4 weeks to return to normal. But with Buddy Good, it will help retain the good bacteria the gut needs to fight off bacteria that has been destroyed by antibiotics. This way, it can help keep ear infections and hot spots at bay.
Wag Tail Natural's carefully formulated pet food supplement, made from Australian hemp seeds, has had amazing results. We're very excited to share this with everyone. Remember, a day of hemp may keep the vets at bay!
So, there you have it - a simple, nutritious, and delicious hemp recipe for your pets. Give it a try and watch your pets thrive!
For more information about our products, visit